“Losers live in the past. Winners learn from the past and enjoy working in the present toward the future.” – Denis Waitley
I’m going to keep this post pretty short and sweet. 2014 was a period of change and adjustment. Now that things seem to be settling down I am beginning to focus on my 2015 goals for both my personal life and for MACE.
2015 is going to be all about personal growth and self-improvement. Some keys areas I want to do are:
- Grow in my belief – This includes reading the Bible, praying, and reflecting daily.
- Improve my family’s financial stability – We already have a game plan for getting out of debt…now it’s time to follow through.
- Grow in breadth and depth – I’ve been taking Taekwondo for over 15 years. I feel it is time to dedicate more time to other martial art styles in order to be a more well-rounded martial artist. I am especially interested in BJJ and Kali Sticks.
- Improved fitness – I have recently started a weightlifting program. It is admittedly a bodybuilding program, but I am definitely noticing an improvement in my body composition. After this 12 week program is over, I am going to start experimenting with my own program by focusing more on just the compound lifts and plyometrics.
- Improved health – This goes in line with my last point. I am beginning to (slowly) dial in my nutrition by focusing on a few easy and healthy recipes to use every week.
- Content – Keep producing quality content. In keeping with my goal of increasing the breadth and depth, I would like to start getting some guest posts on my site from experts in other fields in order to get different perspectives.
- Website Design – I am working on improving the look of my site and posts. If you look at my last post, you might notice it looks a little cleaner. Shamelessly, I took some of the formatting styles from a site I follow.
- Views – At the time of this post I have 5830 views on this page. By this time next year I want to be at 20k views. This is a substantial jump, but I have a few ideas. For any of you readers out there with websites of your own, I would love to hear how you get your views to increase.
- Income – Got a few eBook ideas I’d like to work on.
And that’s it! Nothing big, nothing fancy. Hope you guys have big plans for 2015! Don’t party too hard tonight.